1. Name: Lizzy
2. Age: 16
3. School/City its located in: Brandon, South Dakota
4. What bands are you in: Marching Band, Symphonic Band, Jazz Band, Pep Band, Symphony Orchestra, Sioux Falls Community Band
5. Are or have you been a field commander/section leader: I was section leader in my concert band my freshman year, and hope to be the section leader in marching band next year
6. What instruments do you play/ how long have you played them: Trumpet (6), Piano (8), Guitar (1)
7. What makes you a band geek: my whole family are band geeks. my dad was a band director for 20 years and has been best friends with my band director since college, my brother is a 4 year all state band french hornist and is a member of the madison scouts drum and bugle corp., and i guess you could say i'm following in their footsteps.
8. Your best and favorite band camp story/ Memory: Presenting my band director with a card signed by the band because he felt sorry/ guilty for telling us to guide off the wrong hash before a competition.
Things you like
9. 3 Fave bands: I have to pick?? Switchfoot, Norah Jones, and Louis Armstrong. I pretty much like all kinds of music except for rap and country.
10. Fave book: The Harry Potter series, definitely.
11. Fave movie: The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
12. What chair are you and out of how many: 2nd out of 24
13. What do you think being a band geek is: devoting your entire being to band. i love my section like they're my own kids. I'm even making heart shaped pillows for them this year. (our show is Heartbeat by the way) I've even made and website for my section. check it out- http://www.geocities.com/bvtrumpetline20
14. how big is your school band: about 200 i think
15. Are you in marching band: Of course!! I <3 marching band!
16. do you have to play an instrument to be a band? why or why not? No, but musical experience is a good thing to have. It sucks when you have members of the guard who can't keep a beat. No offense or anything
17. What do you think about american pie? Good movie, bad quote
18. Where you offenced by the American pie movies? Sort of, i actually went to a band camp and their portrayal is completely wack. Plus it's very annoying when people make fun of you for saying "this one time and band camp"
Few more things
19. Is band the most important thing to you? Considering I'd be disowned by my family if it wasn't, i'd say yes.
20. Do you think your a band geek? I LOVE BAND!
21. Promote us in one place, show us the link? http://www.livejournal.com/users/digreen
22. Post at least 3 pics of yourself ?